February 22, 2010

In Pursuit of Light

Lately I have been feeling like Goldilocks searching for just the right table lamp for a small side table in my living room. I have scoured websites and found little that make the grade. Here is what I am looking for:

  • No taller than 18 inch
  • Great shade
  • Non-bulky base
  • Stand out/unique feature, preferably related to nature

After wandering from website to garage sales to flea markets and more, this is the best I have found:

West Elm, love the bone base, especially in gray. Too squatty though?

Maison Luxe, the crackled glass lends a beachy feel.


Maison Luxe,stand out design. I love the natural coral look and sleek base.

Jason Home & Garden, this may be just right. Good height, slender base, and totally unique lamp shade.


Do you have a favorite? Great lighting is a crucial element to the feel of your home. Our 70's house has such horrible lighting, I am always on the lookout for great additions. Where is your go to place for lamps?

1 comment:

simply brookes: said...

i love the west elm ones.
Saw a similar boxed light at Ikea. Very plain and simple, though. Not sure if that is what you are looking for