April 9, 2010

The Pursuit



I had a great time at the salvage yard yesterday and will have photos to post early next week. But hey it's Friday, after a long week I am ready to embrace the weekend. My weekend plans will start this evening with a new CD: The Pursuit by Jamie Cullum and a cosmo.

If you have heard any of Jamie Cullum in the past and even slightly liked him, you will love this new CD. Critics say he is unconventional and spontaneous as his songs span jazz, pop and hip hop genres. I am not a music critic, but this album is smouldering and through his musical and vocal talents, his magnetism pervades. Even more so with a perfect limey martini!

Cosmo Recipe:
1/2 oz real cranberry juice (no fruit cocktail version please)
1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice (no need to measure, just keep squeezing)
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz vodka

shake with ice and pour into super fine sugar garnished martini glass

3 comments:

simply brookes: said...

I'm coming over...get my cosmo ready.

Jen Briglia (Jillian) said...

This would also be lovely with Absolut Currant vodka (used to make the famous Revirginator).

H Young said...

That sounds so good Jen! I haven't tried that before.