April 28, 2010

Lime & Cilantro



I am over winter soups, roasts and casseroles. As we near the warmer months, our dinner menu evolves into simpler and fresher, summer inspired meals. Lime and cilantro are summer flavor musts. A bag of limes and a couple of bunches of cilantro may last a week in our house. You may have already heard of my abundant use of limes for tart and tasty cosmos. Here is one of my favorite dinner recipes using lime and cilantro:

Thai Chicken/Vegetable Noodle Dinner:
1 package cooked spaghetti (cook al dente and then chill)
2 chicken breasts (cooked, chopped and chilled)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 chopped green onions
a ton of chopped cilantro
fresh squeezed lime to taste
dash of salt and pepper to taste
2 T natural chunky peanut butter
Trader Joes Spicy Thai Peanut Vinaigrette

In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together. Whisk peanut butter and vinaigrette in a separate bowl, pour over noodles, chicken and vegetables to coat.

When serving, I add a sprinkling of chopped peanuts and chopped green onions.

Carbs, protein and vegetables all in one dish. Lime and cilantro perfect this dish.

3 comments:

Jen Briglia (Jillian) said...

Sounds yummy. I'm going to try it out - sounds like a good variation of pad thai - cold style. We like to take equal parts coriander and cumin, mixed with 1 tbl honey, zest of lime, squeeze of the juice, to rub on salmon, grill and top with chopped cilantro.

Now must have your cosmo recipe!

Lisa Lamont said...

Hi Heather,

You don't know me but I'm a friend of Wendy's. She used to be my CM consultant.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I made your Lime & Cilantro recipe tonight and it was YUMMY. It's the perfect spring/summer dinner dish. My husband & I loved it.

Thanks for sharing,
Lisa Lamont

H Young said...

Hi Lisa, great to meet you. I am glad you tried this recipe and enjoyed it. Summer favorite around here! Thanks again for visiting my blog.