|After - Clean & ClutterFree|
|5.95 Ikea Caddy (found in Kitchen Dept)|
|Our Friend, Spraypaint|
|Before- Messy Command Central (don't look too closely)|
|High Gloss Caddy|
Before I go on, let me just acknowledge the elephant in the room. Did you notice that I started with the after? Yes, once uploaded, I did realize that the "before" photo prominently displays a box of tampons. Generic ones nonetheless! And yes, I am too lazy to recreate the "before" mess and photograph sans feminine hygiene products, for this I apologize.
Moving on. We all have a little command central in our kitchens. I like to keep mine to a min. but the area quickly self detonates during busy weeks. During one of my many blog crawls, I saw this project. I feel bad that I didn't note the blog/creative genius down. This is pretty much a complete copy of said forgotten bloggers project. (If I find the post, I promise to give credit).
Details on this very easy project:
- Ikea Caddy - 5.95, found in kitchen dept.
- Drill hole for phone charger to thread through
- Spray paint entire caddy with paint/gloss of choice. I wasn't sure about this goldenrod color but it's growing on me.
- For added touch, modge podge decorative paper on the bottom. Personally, I think this is key to the finished product.
- Once dry, reorganize, reevaluate command central and voila! Excellent caddy for just a few items.